1. Think Big – Do not let your own blind spots and limiting beliefs be your barriers
What are the characteristics of obesity when it comes to underwriting dialogue?
We are frequently reminded of the continuing obesity epidemic, which affects more than one third of adults in the United States. Obesity is commonly measured by the body mass index (BMI), which is weight in kilograms divided by height in meters squared. Obesity is defined as a BMI of at least 30 kilograms per square meter. One is considered to be overweight if the BMI is at least 25 but less than 30.
Read our new UW Dialogue on Obesity here.
Congress passed the biggest tax reform law in 30 years on December 22, 2017. These tax changes have significant implications for individuals and businesses. As a result, there are important planning considerations to address in 2018.
Call or email the life marketing team for more details. 216-464-1542
The Power of Accelerated Underwriting
With our Accelerated Underwriting (AU) process, no one age 18-60 is excluded, no matter the risk class, for $500,000 or less of term insurance.
Need More Information?
The Power of No
We’re faster, more convenient and proudly guarantee:
- No hassles
- No paramed visit*
- No exclusions. Period.
- No joking!
Get the underwriting advantages you need from a team that goes above and beyond the standards others strive to achieve.
We are here for you with:
• NEW! Significantly improved hepatitis C guidelines and ratings. Most will qualify for standard; some preferred
• Table reduction program available for all medical impairments: Table three to standard to age 70 — up to $10 million
• Competitive preferred and preferred plus guidelines
• Nontobacco rates available for cigar, pipe, and chewing tobacco users
• Preferred plus available for treated hypertension
• Preferred consideration for clients with certain types of cancers: prostate, testicular, thyroid, uterine, and cervical
• Preferred classes available to clients with a family history of cancer
• Personal history of diabetes may be eligible for preferred classes for ages 70 and up
• Cardiac — Up to four tables’ worth of favorable profile credits available. Standard rates may be available over age 70 with a history of coronary artery disease.
Foreign national coverage
• More than 90 countries approved for preferred and preferred plus classes
• Term coverage available for U.S. citizens and permanent U.S. residents
• Table reduction program available to make best offers
• Autobind capacity of $25 million and jumbo limit of $35 million
• Streamlined, no-cost, Tele-App process for electronic ticket and paper ticket submissions
• Opportunity to waive labs for qualifying clients
• eDelivery for faster policy delivery
Life insurance with the John Hancock Vitality Program can differentiate you in the market, help you grow your business, and offer clients a meaningful and affordable solution that can benefit clients throughout their lifetime.
The John Hancock Vitality Program:
- Life insurance that protects your clients and their families
- The opportunity to significantly lower premiums
- Personalized health goals, simple tips, and a free Fitbit®device, along with other wearable device discounts, to help your clients achieve their fitness goals
- A Vitality HealthyFood™ benefit with up to $600 in annual savings on healthy food purchases – at thousands of stores nationwide
- The opportunity to earn Apple Watch® Series 2 based on your clients’ workouts
- Entertainment, shopping, gym, and travel rewards and discounts
30% of people are very or extremely likely to consider wearing an activity tracker and sharing results with a life insurance company in return for financial rewards for healthy behaviors. And that number more than doubles (to 65%) for consumers already using an activity tracker. In general, younger generations are particularly open to the concept.
Source: 2016 Insurance Barometer Study, Life Happens and LIMRACall or email the life marketing team for more details.
North American is pleased to announce the addition of a new single premium Indexed Universal Life insurance product to their competitive portfolio effective August 1, 2017.
Legacy Optimizer is designed for clients who are retired or thinking about retirement, have between $25,000 and $200,000 ($150,000 for Ages 50-59) of liquid assets not needed for retirement or daily needs and are looking for a flexible and simple solution for passing on a portion of their estate to their beneficiaries.
- Guaranteed Death Benefit- Clients can leverage their assets into a larger death benefit immediately with life insurance that passes to beneficiaries generally tax free.
- Simple Process- The application and underwriting process is designed to be simple with no blood work and no medical exam required—just a shortened application and tele-interview.
- Accelerated Benefits- Accelerated Death Benefits are automatically included in the policy for qualifying chronic and terminal illnesses.
- Accessible- Through a combination of penalty free withdrawals, policy loans and a return of premium endorsement, the client will still have access to their funds for other unplanned expenses.
- Growth opportunity- Indexed Crediting Options offer potential for death benefit to exceed guarantees.